NetSuite Advanced Field Help by Marcel Pestana is an incredibly useful tool for NetSuite Developers and Administrators.
As an administrator, simply install the plugin and click on a field label. See the pop-up window is enlarged to account for the extra information presented.
Here is a list of all the super convenient things you can do:
- Set field value
- Copy field ID to clipboard
- Set field Mandatory or Disabled
- View the values and IDs of lists
- View the Field Name as shown in the custom fields list (which is often different than the current label!)
- Click on the field name to launch the custom field record in another tab in Edit mode
- View the field type
- Click on the “Go to Source List” link to launch the source list in edit mode (for fields of type list) — Caveat: this doesn’t work if your list is a custom record
Thank you, Marcel, for an incredibly useful plugin!